Proper care of contact lenses is essential for maintaining good eye health and getting the most out of your lenses. Here are some general tips to help you take care of your contact lenses:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before handling your lenses.
- Clean and disinfect your lenses according to the instructions provided by your eye doctor or the lens manufacturer. Use the recommended solution and follow the recommended cleaning schedule.
- Store your lenses in a clean and dry contact lens case, replacing the case regularly (usually every three months).
- Avoid exposing your lenses to water, including swimming pools, hot tubs, and shower water.
- Do not wear your lenses for longer than the recommended time period. For example, daily disposable lenses should be discarded after a single use, while monthly lenses should be replaced every 30 days.
- Avoid using expired contact lenses or solution.
- Do not share your lenses with others.
- Follow your eye doctor's recommendations regarding lens wear and replacement.
By following these simple steps, you can keep your contact lenses clean and comfortable, and reduce your risk of eye infections and other complications. Remember to consult your eye doctor if you have any questions or concerns about caring for your contact lenses.